Tuesday, August 16, 2016

American Swimmer Michael Phelps Announces Retirement


American swimmer Michael Phelps has announced his retirement, after winning five gold and one silver at this year’s Rio Olympics in Brazil,tallying his Olympics medals to 28, with 23 of them gold.

Announcing his retirement, Phelps said:
‘Done, done, done — and this time I mean it, I wanted to come back and finish my career how I wanted and this was the cherry on top of the cake.’
‘Between now and London, I was so much more emotional during these Games, I think that showed at times on camera, that’s the difference. Because I knew this was the last time. I knew this was the last race that I ever had, the last Olympics that I ever had. And everything just really hit hard.’
Michael Phelps made his Olympic Games debut in 2000 at the age of 15 and becoming the youngest male to make a U.S. Olympic swim team in 68 years.
After the Olympics games 2012 in London, the international swimming federation (FINA) honoured Phelps as the most decorated Olympian ever.

Phelps got engaged to former Miss California USA Nicole Johnson in 2015 and they welcomed their first son in May 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment