Sunday, August 14, 2016

I Have Nothing To Prove To Jose Mourinho - Rooney


The Red Devils captain got on the scoresheet as Jose Mourinho's first Premier League match in charge ended in a comfortable 3-1 win over the Cherries

Wayne Rooney was defiant after scoring in Manchester United's 3-1 win over Bournemouth, insisting that he does not have to prove himself to anyone.

Rooney scored the second goal for Jose Mourinho's side, with Juan Mata getting the opener and Zlatan Ibrahimovic rounding things off on the South Coast.

But, speaking after the match, the Man United captain dismissed the idea that he had to prove himself to the new manager, suggesting that, if he is played in an advanced role, he will always score goals.

"I've nothing to prove to anyone," Rooney told Sky Sports.

"I've played this game a long time, I believe in my own ability, I'm confident and I think I'm good enough to play, and if I play where I played today then I'll score goals."

Rooney was speaking alongside Ibrahimovic, who insisted that despite getting on the scoresheet himself, a victory for the team was the most important thing.


"The team did good. It was a difficult game. The first half we weren't 100 per cent but second half became more easier, more space, and we could play more our game," the Swedish striker said, also speaking to Sky Sports.

"We scored the second and the third one, so it was a good game and it was important to start good."

No comments:

Post a Comment