Sunday, August 21, 2016

Neymar Hands Off Captain Armband After Olympic Win


Following his Olympic games triumph for Brazil at the Rio 2016, captain Neymar has announced he’ll step down as captain. The Barcelona forward made the declaration after helping Brazil win gold at the Games. The Brazilian scored a stunning free kick to put his country up and scored the winning penalty.
The 24-year-old announced he would no longer wear the armband, leaving it up to Brazil coach Tite to choose his successor.
“I don’t take it as a pressure, it is you (the press) who say it,” Neymar said to TV Globo. “But today, as a champion, I am giving (up) the captain’s armband. I was glad to receive it, I have honored it, but today I am (leaving it). Tite can choose another captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment